Empowerment Through Art
Art Can Heal works with women 13 years and older in three areas of special focus – Individual Art Therapy, Healing Art Journals workshops and Process Painting.
Individual Art Therapy
In the creative and safe environment of the art studio, and with a trained art therapist, we look at helping to resolve major conflicts, trauma, loss and grief. You will learn to use a variety of art materials, relax and focus on recording your life experiences in a non-threatening visual form. This can provide:
- Support by constructive management and self-control over those things that are difficult and painful to acknowledge or discuss verbally.
- Insight into and validation of one’s feelings.
- A way to recharge and nurture your own needs.
- The opportunity to discover strengths and authenticity, leading to a stronger sense of identity.
- Help with problem solving emotionally difficult choices and decisions through creative expression.
- The recovery of a sense of enjoyment, peace, and well-being.
- Engagement of the whole brain, keeping the mind fit through the stimulated integration of cognitive, feeling and sensory processes.
To book a consultation time or set up appointments, contact Jean Tait
WISDOM KEEPERS’ STUDIO
All of us have the potential to tap into a source of wisdom, whether we call it prayer, guidance, tuning into the archetypes of the collective unconscious, or communing with Spirit.
WISDOM KEEPERS’ STUDIO offers a variety of workshops and sessions that can deepen your exploration of self. In exploring through Healing Art Journals and Process Painting, you are learning how to use art expression to access your inner wisdom. No prior art experience is needed.
Jean E. Tait is trained in fine art, holding space, such as in talking circles, journeying practices, and as an art therapist,with professional membership in both the Canadian Art Therapy Association (CATA) and American Art Therapy Association (AATA). With this experience, Jean will act as your guide through using art for self-exploration, assisting you with “ways in” as you go on this inner expedition. What you call forth may surprise you!
For more information, contact Jean Tait
Art Can Heal will work with you and your organization to design and develop a workshop that will be specific to your needs. Below are some examples of the type of workshops that art can heal can offer that address childhood trauma, sexual abuse, violence, depression, addiction and other challenges:
Healing Art Journals
Instruction on how to work with a creative visual art journal, where visuals and writing come together to help us access how we think and feel.
An intuitive approach where anyone can paint their way to wholeness and self-awareness.
Mapping the Body
Using a life-sized outline of the body that includes your power symbols and self-talk to build strength and resilience.
Participants learn how to become aware of how they respond to trauma and how to change their response to such events.
For design information on custom workshops, contact Jean Tait